Hard Knocks is Hard to Watch

I know this isn't really Redskins-related, but indulge me for just a moment: I've been watching the Hard Knocks training camp show with the Jets, and boy, is that one fascinating but REALLY uncomfortable show to watch.

I love the behind-the-scenes look at the players, what they go through in camp, how the practices are run, etc. The sounds, the close-ups -- that part is great, although if I'm the Jets, I'm worried about two things in particular: a) Jason Taylor is a spoiled brat who can't seem to tell time, and b) Mark Sanchez is either stupid or just really, really young and immature. If I'm a Jets fan, I'm hoping for the latter.

But seriously, where do some of these mangagement jokers come from? The Jets VP (Tannenbaum, I think is his name) seems like one of those people you see and you think, this guy has no soul. He just seems vapid. The guy is running a major sports franchise and he acts like a jerk most of the time. You know who he reminds me of? That guy in high school who no one liked but now is in a position of authority and is going to cram his power down your throat. Napoleonic, for sure. And Rex Ryan is a caricature of himself. Every time I watch that show, I keep staring at that "RR" pillow and thinking, who keeps a personally monogrammed PILLOW on a chair in their office? Wow.

Again, if I'm a Jets fan, I'm worried. The folks running the show at Jets palace seem to be in self-congratulatory mode and they haven't won a thing yet. They are all standing around patting themselves on the back for their great draft picks, etc., and they don't seem all that concerned about the fact that the team didn't play particularly well in pre-season.

I wonder what's going to happen this season. Will the Jets rally and be the team Rex Ryan and his management schmos think they will be? Or will they fall flat, and become the laughing stock of the NFL? Will the Jets faithful be left holding the bag, wishing HBO had picked some other team to profile during training camp this year?

And if Rex Ryan ever gets fired, will he take his pillow with him?

0 comments: