Dallas or bust!

Well, it's official. We are finally, FINALLY, talking about a football game that actually matters! After months of guess-work, a ton of speculation and a whole lot of hoping and praying, it all comes down to this: The Cowboys...on Sunday night... during kick-off weekend...at Fed-Ex Field (with our brand new video boards!)

It's what we've all been waiting for. This Sunday night, all will be revealed. Well, a LOT will be revealed. I tend to think our newly-revamped, much-improved (we hope) Redskins team is going to get better each week as this season progresses, but I also know we are going to see at least a little of the team's new identity, personality, and character when they take the field on Sunday. Shanahan's zone blocking and running schemes. Kyle Shanahan's down-field passing game. That new, much-discussed 3-4 defense we've been hearing so much about.

I know a lot of people are nervous about this game, and believe me, I'm feeling a bit queasy myself. Playing against the Cowboys is never easy, and this year's team looks pretty good. But honestly, don't you think it's better to go out there during our first game against a really good team (much as I hate to give the Cowboys ANY credit!) and really just lay it all on the line? I personally would much rather come out swinging against a tough opponent right out of the gate. Show the world what our new team is made of. Take our lumps, if necessary. Make our mark.

It's been a long, LONG off-season, and I for one am ready for some real smash-mouth, in-your-face football. I'm ready to see what all this off-season conditioning and positioning has done. No more press conferences. No more "what-if's". No more speculation. Let's stop talking and just get it DONE.

Dallas Cowboys, here we come!

0 comments: