Feels like old times!

U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi...you're UGLY! That about sums up how I feel right now about my beloved team, who really laid a serious egg yesterday and made a mockery of my recent optimism and belief in their (possibly) brighter future. Wow, was that bad!

OK, so maybe that 3-4 defense ISN'T a good fit for our current personnel. Maybe our offensive line is still a MAJOR work in progress. Perhaps Clinton Portis is injured or simply hated by Mike Shanahan. I don't know, but something was messing with their mojo yesterday in a big way. And boy, did it show.

I just don't get it. How can a team who has made such steady improvement over the past few months regress in such horrible fashion? It was Zorn-like, that loss. We were totally domintated in all three phases of the game. I had a bad feeling about things as soon as the punter went down and was helped off the field in tears. Yikes...I knew it was going to be a LONG day at that point, and that was hours before kick-off.

I don't have any summations to make today, unfortunately. There's not much you can take from a loss like this except that we are, clearly, NOT a very good team. And really, maybe it WAS too much to ask...that they could improve so markedly after such a dismal last season. I mean, they were 4-12 last year. That's bad. REALLY bad! So how can we go out and expect to dominate a team like the Rams? Guess what, folks? WE'RE the Rams. Bad. Possibly improving. But currently...BAD.

So, I'm grumpy. I'm irritated. I don't understand Mike Shanahan's cryptic press conferences where he gives conflicting information about players like Portis (first, he's injured, then, he's out due to "scheme" -- I mean, which is it??) And so, I'm doing my best not to jump to any conclusions at this point. I'm just going to retreat back to my usual doubting-Thomas nature until this team can go out and prove me wrong.

So there.

0 comments: