One Step Up...

and you know the rest. Sigh. I'm getting so tired of this very non-linear process we are going through with this team. We're up. We're down. We're winning. We're losing. We're in overtime. We win -- jubilation! We lose -- agony. Questions. LOTS of angst.

WHAT is the deal with this team? I listened closely to the local sports talk jibba jabba today (I can't really deal with the national pundits, except when we win), and not surprisingly, they sound as confused as the rest of us these days.

Some say this team simply isn't very good. Others say we're heading in the right direction and just need a few more good players to push us into future playoff contention. Some are in Shanahan's corner, others seem to think he's a horrible personnel guy who's going to lead us into disaster ala our old pal Vinnie. Fans calling in today sounded perplexed, too. Some support the team, Shanahan and McNabb. Others want to blow the whole thing up (ACK!) and start from scratch. Again.

Where do I net out? Honestly, I'm just not sure. I was truly beside myself after that loss yesterday. Believe it or not, I think I was more upset over this loss than the one to the Eagles! This loss was close. But not really. This loss meant more, because we had a chance to pull closer to the Giants and Eagles and generate a winning record. This loss, quite frankly, pissed me off.

I was angry. I think I actually lost my voice from screaming at the TV so much. I mean, talk about the agony of defeat...when that Brandon Banks' touchdown run was called back, I nearly threw myself into the TV headfirst.

Enough, Redskins. Pick a side. Start trending "good" or "bad" so I can get on board and go with it. Either we're going to be good this year or we're not, so let's just get on with it already.

I don't have much energy left anymore.

0 comments: