OVER it!

Well, I've officially had enough. Enough of the pain and suffering. Enough of the embarrasment. Enough of the angst. Last week I said I wished this team would make up it's mind and decide which direction it was going in -- either decide to be good or be bad and just be done with it. But maybe I was too hasty. Because they must have heard my plea, and decided to go with "bad". Yuck.

How many ways can I write about my disgust with losing? Week after week, I'm singing the same damn tune. We need a better pass rush. Our offensive line is, to coin a phrase, offensive. McNabb is inconsistent, and it doesn't help when his receivers continually drob passes. Our special teams are up and down. We just can't get out of our own way.

Today was something else, wasn't it? When the Giants drove down the field on their opening possession and scored that touchdown as easily as you can say 1-2-3, well, I knew it was going to be a bad day. I'm actually surprised the final score was as low as it was, considering how porous our defense was and how many times we turned the ball over (6, if you're counting).

When that first Giants drive was finished, and the cameras flashed on Haslett and his one-word expletive (four letters, first one is an "f"), that pretty much summed it all up, didn't it? And while we're on the subject of dear old Haslett, does anyone else think his days are numbered? And if they're not, don't you think they should be! Why on EARTH did he come in here and take the one semi-strength of our awful team from last year -- our defense -- and turn it upside down, inside out, and proceed to essentially wreck it in the process?

And to add insult to injury, why are we benching Albert Haynesworth when we need him so desperately? What kind of point is Shanahan trying to make -- that being late to a meeting won't be tolerated? How about losing to our freakin' division rival in an embarrassing fashion...how about not tolerating THAT?? The NFL isn't the place to teach grown men life-lessons. That's not what I'm paying for as a fan. It's not what I'm watching this team for, either. It's great that London Fletcher is such a nice, classy guy. But would it matter to me if he wasn't? Not particularly. He's such a great player, I'd be willing to settle for him being less than perfect as long as he continues to produce on the field.

Seriously, what is to become of this Redskin team this year? And what about next year? And the years to come? I'm beginning to think this whole team is cursed. From our crappy stadium to our horrible gaffes and bad luck on the field, we are simply a franchise in disarray. Sure, we all thought Shanahan was going to have his hands full when he got here. But didn't you think he'd at least have us heading in the right direction by now?

Did you really think this team would be this bad off?

0 comments: