Victory Monday...and Tuesday, and Wednesday, etc.

When the Redskins win a game on Sunday, doesn't it just totally and completely make your week? I mean, come on...isn't it just more fun to go to work and face that obnoxious Cowboy (or Raven, or Steeler, or insert-team-name here) fan when our team has beaten our opponent, no matter how ugly the win?

It's sad to say, but I personally just feel BETTER in general when the Redskins win. I'm nicer to my kids, kinder to my husband, more inclined to watch my tongue with the annoying volunteer lady at my daughter's school or that neighbor borrowing yet another cup of something at 7 o'clock in the morning. I'm less frantic to get into my car to listen ad nauseum to the sports talk radio dudes dissect the game, less worried about what the national sports analysts are saying about our team.

It's weird, isn't it? You would think I'd feel the opposite -- that I'd be more interested in what the media has to say about the Skins when they win, but while I love to hear the joyous mayhem on the phone lines on sports talk radio after the game and the following day(s), I'm less likely to sit in my car and listen endlessly to "one more thing" when they win than when they lose. It's almost as though when they win, I can just relax and move on with the rest of my life. But when they lose, well, the angst just goes on and on.

And so, this week has been a week free of anxiety. Full of fun, happiness and contentment. I'm free of the agony, at least for a little while. I'm not worried just yet about the Colts, Peyton Manning's arm, or Dwight Freeney's crazy spin move. Those worries are for Saturday and Sunday.

Today, I smile. I soak it in. I embrace...victory Monday!

0 comments: