It's TIME!

It's the MOST wonderful time of the year! Well, for football fans it is. And for me, it DEFINITELY is. This is it...training camp has officially begun! All of the waiting, the watching, the wondering and the hoping will finally be put to rest. Well, maybe not the hoping, but the waiting and the wondering can now be replaced with real, solid football. In the flesh. For keeps. Helmet to helmet. Shoulder pad to shoulder pad. It's for real, folks. It counts. Well, it sort of counts...but let's not get picky.

Wow, I'm so excited I can barely think straight. I'm overwhelmed with what the beginning of training camp really means for this team. New beginnings. Fresh starts. It all begins anew...today!

And guess what? I'm back in the saddle now, too. Listening to my sports talk radio stations for any and all updates on camp practices. Staying up late to watch the local cable coverage from the "Redskins Broadcast Network", such as it is. Reading each and every blog post entry on the Washington Post website. I can talk football again and not be stared at like I'm a lunatic because it's only March and no one cares. It's OK now -- the "season" has officially begun. I can come back out of hibernation and embrace my Redskins for real.

I'm back, baby...I'm back!

0 comments: