Time to Make the Donuts!

Yup, it's time!  With training camp and all its sweaty fun behind us, tonight is the night.  The night we all come back to life as die-hard football fans.  The night we can all breathe a sigh of relief, knowing the interminable wait is finally over.  The night we welcome Al Michaels and my all-time secret crush Jon Gruden back into our living rooms for the season. 

We're back, baby.  We're back.  Sigh of relief. Football is BACK.

What else can I say?  Even with two of my least-favorite teams playing tonight (God, I hate the Cowboys!), I can't wait! Can't wait for the best song EVER sung by a long-haired hippie redneck country star to put me in the mood.  Yes, my friends, I AM ready for some football.

I'm ready for major football.  I'm ready for 24-7 football.  I'm ready for good football, bad football, and semi-crappy football.  I'm ready for fantasy football.  Foorball pools.  Football jersey Fridays at my kids' school.  Football arguments in the bank line.   Those awesome football balloons in the grocery store.  Even those dumb football cupcakes they sometimes sell (often in Ravens purple, much to my dismay) here in my town.

We've endured another long off-season.  Another draft.  Another set of mini-camps, training camps, cut-down days, and that awful fourth pre-season game even I don't ever watch.

So, now it's time.  We've been patient, and it's paid off.  We deserve it, so enjoy.  And get ready for another great season of the best game ever played.



0 comments: